Tuesday 27 April 2010

Vignette: Prelude

I'm hardly done with the confessions by any stretch of the imagination, I mean, ok I can list my nerdish pursuits, but I have far more 'wrong' with me than that.  However, as any of you who have been following me on twitter (and of course, the feed is on the side of this very page) will notice that of late I have become troubled, in primarily an emotional sense, which is spilling over into the physical domain.  As such, it is time to resurrect an ancient tradition from my MySpace blogging days, the Vignette.  Wiktionary defines the word to various degrees, but the one I'm most interested in is that of a borderless picture, or a short story.  

The MySpace vignettes no longer exist, I deleted my whole blog thanks to the fact that most of it was tied into a relationship that broke down...badly.  I don't want to go into any detail, because that chapter is behind both parties now, I refer only to it in a historical sense for this purpose.  But the Vignettes stood apart, mostly built on non-sequitur nonsense, such as the state of my thumbnail.  I also distinctly remember writing on in Middle English, which was a good laugh at the time!  


Now, I bring them back, not because I am full of happy non-sequiturs, but because of sadness that grips and threatens to break my core apart.  If it succeeds, what makes me me will have to change again.  Thus, no bit.ly link will be issued for the Vignettes.  If you find them and read them, then good for you.  These Vignettes are borderless, as instead of being a (scribble on a napkin) planned enterprise, as they slot right into my life.  If my life picks up, so will the Vignettes.  Until then, it is how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment