Monday 14 February 2011

Vignette XI

Well, there we go. Another Valentines barely survived.


There's a card on my desk. It didn't come from anyone. I didn't send it to anyone. I didn't take it back. It's just...there. And I'm never going to forget that it's there, wherever I choose to squirrel it away. The main reasons I didn't send it are ponderous and well known. The other reason? Just straight out afraid. I haven't done this for too long, and I have no idea where I start again.


I've never felt so alone for a long time. I close this door, and that's it. The rest is silence.


So in a way fitting that I should return to the drama studio for my place as the Bassist. Driven by my own inhumanity to play.


But it's always going to be like this, isn't it? I'm afraid of being alone forever. I'm even more afraid that there's nothing I can do about it. Oh well. All I have left to do is carry on. And that's all I'll do. It is my duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment