Sunday 27 February 2011

Vignette XII

Tonight, I managed to awaken The Demon. Yes, The True Demon, the very same.


Once, a long time ago, The Demon was part of the public face of The Captain. Years and years ago. Over half a decade.

The Demon went to sleep; He wasn't necessary to the proceedings, see. After the show in 2008 He took some time off. 2010 only had the single outing as well, but he delighted therein. Now, it is the third decade, and thanks to the 2011 show, he has awakened.

I've had seven different people thank me tonight for my Bass playing, but each one of them has thanked me multiple times. The first night was fine, the second night was terrible, and on the third night The Demon was in control. The last night, and very much the best night.

The thing is I am a singer, first and foremost. But amongst all the rest that I do, playing the Bass is basically my second study. After a few days' warm up, I know my frets again without question, and I do love playing. Even over my Organ Scholarship, my Bass playing is something special.

The Demon has always been the other half of myself, ever since he woke up 7 years ago.

I need him now. I can't tell whether The Demon is a mask or not, such is His precedence. He will stay with me no matter what. And He's here with me now; awake. Short of Uncle Philip, He's all I can ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment